Yosemite: Camp 4

.

“I stand in the dust of the legendary Camp 4. A young and innocent climber, I look between the tents and the trees for the magic of the old days, imagining Warren Harding looking up from a bottle, his face wild with storms and wine and steep, blank rock; or TM Herbert about to burst apart with a joke; or Jim Bridwell, haloed under his stolen electric lights, opiated with the impossible. My ears ring with dozens of languages; climbers from every nation are all around me, searching, too, for their legends. Even if I don’t find my heroes, on every route I sense their passage: an old rivet, the arc of a piton-scarred crack, the heart-pounding echo of a hollow flake. And we all want the same: to live out our dreams.”

- Alex Huber, tijdschrift Alpinist #25 -

fotolink

1 opmerking:

Joachim zei

geen "liefs, Ellen & Vincent" ??

-> zwaar teleurgesteld